Dental Diagnostic Tools Available at Sunny Family Dental
Having the proper diagnostic tools is vital for any dental practice in the Chino Hills, California area. Dr. Uday Shah and his team at Sunny Family Dental encourage patients to ask about the unique technology used in his practice to provide diagnostics and treatment for patients. Whether a patient needs diagnostic imaging or is past due for an oral cancer screening, modern technology makes it easier than ever!
What are the digital diagnostic tools available at Sunny Family Dental?
- Digital dental x-rays – instead of using traditional x-rays, our team uses digital x-rays. This type of x-ray exposes patients to far less radiation than conventional imaging methods while also allowing the dentist to store images for the patient’s records digitally. Additionally, quickly viewing and zooming in on photos makes it easier to detect issues that might require dental treatment.
- DIAGNOdent – for dental caries detection, also known as cavities, patients can book an appointment at Sunny Family Dental to see how the DIAGNOdent works. It highlights areas in the mouth where cavities are forming, even before they become physically visible to our dental team. That ensures early diagnosis and treatment to reduce the risks of late detection.
- VELscope oral cancer screenings – oral cancer can be detected using the VELscope oral cancer screening tool. This tool lights up areas where suspicious growths and lesions might be.
- Intraoral cameras – it’s one thing for a dentist to talk to you about the concerns within the mouth, but it’s another to be able to show you. Dr. Shah is excited to use today’s technology to provide patients with real-time images and videos of their oral cavity so they can fully understand the scope of the problem and the treatment needed.
- CBCT Machine – Dental cone beam computed tomography (CT) is a special type of x-ray equipment used when regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient. Your doctor may use this technology to produce three dimensional (3-D) images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single scan.
Schedule time to speak to our team at Sunny Family Dental
Dr. Uday Shah and his team in Chino Hills, California, welcome new and current patients and families to learn about the wide range of dental diagnostic tools available at his practice. The office is located at 14708 Pipeline Avenue A and can be reached by phone to schedule an appointment at (909) 679-3447.